Friday, June 29, 2007

Reflection of this course

I began this course thinking I would dread it. I have never been great with the subject of literature, and I thought I would struggle to understand the assigned readings. I thought my understanding would be so poor that I would have a difficult time trying to write blogs about them. However, I have now officially written my 20 blogs, and I must say that I enjoyed this course.

For the first time in my life, I am interested in literature and feel like I can actually understand it. I did not once go online to find a summary of the work, because the help from our podcasts alone were enough to help me decipher the more in depth meanings to some of the readings. This summer class allowed me to relax and enjoy reading the work of some of the best literary minds of our past.

I found our chat sessions to be so much more interactive than the typical classroom settings! Thanks to everyone for helping me understand these authors and get something out of this course! I hope everyone has a great rest of the summer!

1 comment:

Jonathan.Glance said...

Caitlin,

I am so glad to hear of your new confidence in your ability to read literature, and that you now enjoy it. That is very gratifying for me. I am also glad the podcasts and chat sessions helped you. Thanks for your contributions to the chats!